The mail coach was the only means of conveyance for people, parcels and letters in Burgebrach as late as the end of the 19th century. On the 1st of May 1904, however, the first train finally ran from Frensdorf to Burgebrach.
The "Flügelbahn", as the train was called, was very important for the transport of animals, post or coal in times when the infrastructure was less well developed. The railway connected town and country. Farmers picked up their goods directly at the station. Soldiers also went to war by train. The last passenger train at night travelled to Ebrach between midnight and one o'clock and was affectionately known as the "Lumpensammler" (drunk train).
The rail connection was an important prerequisite for the development of the region.
Stations were built along the route in Frensdorf, Burgebrach, Burgwindheim and Ebrach, each with an apartment for the stationmaster on the top floor. The ticket office, waiting room and duty room were located on the ground floor. Each station also had its own privy and an attached wooden building for the storage of parcel goods. In Burgebrach, the brewery owner and innkeeper Konrad Fischer quickly saw an opportunity and built a licensed house - a station restaurant - directly beside the station.
The plot of land on which Burgebracher station stands once belonged to the Liebert family. A small Wendelin chapel stood there previously. By way of compensation, the family erected the present-day cross on Ampferbacher Straße. The picture of Saint Wendelin which was once in the chapel can now be seen in the parish church. The station was first of all sold to the community in 1984 and to private owners in 1985.
Trains quickly lost their importance with the expansion of the road network. The last passenger train departed from Burgebrach in 1961. Goods trains ran until 1999. The tracks were finally removed in 2006 and cycleways laid on the former train paths